A little after 8pm this evening....

The Woodside jukebox landed on "Soulshine" by Gov't Mule. I was in the middle of my banking/finances, what have you, when that song came on and I had to stop what I was doing and crank up the old jukebox.

"You got to let your spirit take control
Let your soul shine
It's better than sunshine
It's better than moonshine
Damn sure better than rain..."

After the song finished, I went on my computer's iTunes library and rediscovered a little gem I had downloaded awhile back. Alphabetical by artist this song follows "Soulshine" in my iTunes library. This song is an acoustic cover of New Order's "Age of Consent" by Grant-Lee Phillips. Some of you may recognize Grant-Lee from the '90s group Grant Lee Buffalo and their alternative hit "Fuzzy."

Wow, the "Age of Consent" cover is actually from an album of indie hit covers he put out, which includes "Under The Milky," "So. Central Rain", "The Killing Moon" and others. Very mellow as Grant-Lee always is, but nice to hear the real songwriting strength of these old hits without all the '80s production shenanigans.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Damn straight!

Popular posts from this blog

New Woodside Lounge

Summer Mix 2007