In case you missed the lunar eclipse last night, here it is from The Woodside accompanied by Paul Chambers, Phineas Newborn and Roy Haynes on their track "After Hours."
Opened up the new Woodside Lounge yesterday. For those of you who have visited in the past, this room is at the front of the house but many times went unnoticed by visitors as it was closed off and used as storage. The new Woodside Lounge has its own TV, even though it's around the corner from the theater room. It just goes without saying, all lounges must have a TV for sporting events. I believe it's in the building code. Music is served up from the stereo system currently residing in the dining room, but I'm thinking of moving it to the Lounge. Today I went streakin'! Remember, use that sunblock out there. - Salud!
I probably should give this over the weekend to think about it, because there are three songs not included in this year's Summer Mix that I've been flip-flopping over. The mix just seems very tight and I can't fit the songs in without repeating the "essence," "groove" or beat of another song. I think the mixes for me work best when they flow and take you from one place to another musically without beating you over the head with the same style. Another thing I like to do with the Summer Mix is incorporate the old alongside the new. I hate to put two old songs back to back, or should I say two songs from the same era back to back. Now as you look at my mix you'll see some old songs next to other old songs. I guess it's not a hard and fast rule for me, but I try to at least jump a decade between two old songs. Like last year I kept the sound effects to a minimum, using a mix I created of beach sounds for the opening and a crickets sound effect for ...
Comments