Post for a February Evening
Listening to the jukebox tonight and enjoying a Beck's Light. Wanted to give it a try since I really like the regular Beck's and they advertise it as only 64 calories. It tastes like a Beck's Light -- well duh, but you know it tastes just like a Beck's, only slightly watered down or "light." Not bad, but when it's cold on a winter's night I want something with a little more "meat" so to speak. I could see myself drinking Beck's Light in the summer when you want something lighter.I was just treated to a "double shot" of Three Dog Night on the jukebox, "Never Been To Spain" and "Joy To The World."
I may not have mentioned before, the "jukebox" is now simply my 8GB iPod Nano and not the bulky old computer where it formerly resided. I picked up a base unit for the iPod which keeps it charged and plugs into my stereo system. The base unit comes with an iPod remote, which is the white rectangle in the photo. Beneath the remote is a black leather wallet-style case for the iPod, great for traveling and looks cool too.Speaking of Three Dog Night, I did some clicking around the iTunes store and rediscovered another great track of theirs, "Momma Told Me (Not To Come)" -- perfect for a Friday evening and you may remember it from the soundtrack to "Boogie Nights."
I offer the video below by way of a "six-degrees of separation"...
... Mark Wahlberg was in "Boogie Nights" and was in "Three Kings" and "The Perfect Storm" with George Clooney, and George Clooney appeared with Matt Damon in the "The Ocean's" movies...
Anyway, last night I was up watching Jimmy Kimmel and nearly fell out of bed laughing when this video aired. Jimmy was celebrating the 5th anniversary of his late night show and his first guest was his girlfriend, comedian Sarah Silverman. The video features Sarah and Matt Damon revealing a "secret" she's been keeping from Jimmy. Crude yes, but bleeped for TV. Too funny!
Salud!
Comments